325 years of family tradition
The history of the Pieroth family dates back to 1675. In fact, the company is still headquartered at our home, the original mansion house built in Burg Layen in 1731, where friends of Pieroth wines can visit our traditional wine estate and small wine museum.
In 1953, the idea first proposed by Elmar and Kuno Pieroth underwent a further revolution: the introduction of personal home wine-tastings. This innovation laid the foundations for the company's rise to its current size and international reputation.
In 1976, an old tradition in glass was revived to great acclaim all over the world: the blue Pieroth bottle. Embossed with the Pieroth eagle, the bottle is today an internationally recognised and prized brand logo, found on the tables of a satisfied clients in the finest restaurants in over 20 countries.